Energy Sources: Weekly Digest, October 1-7

Figure of the week: RES capacities grew 2.4 times in the third quarter of this year

In July-September 2018, new renewable energy facilities with a total capacity of 160.1 MW were commissioned in Ukraine. According to the NEURC, it is 2.4 times higher than in the same period last year. As of October 1, Ukraine’s WPP total capacity is 522.4 MW, SPP capacity - 1096.4 MW, biomass capacity - 43.8 MW, biogas capacity - 44.6 MW, small HPP capacity - 96.4 MW. At that, the share of RES in electricity generation in Ukraine is 1.8%, the share in the total cost of electricity - 8.3%.

In late September, two solar stations worth UAH 72 million were commissioned in the Khmelnytsky region. Novosvit association (Vinnytsia) constructed SPP in Starokonstantyniv district. The cost of the Vyshnopilska SPP (1850 kW/h) is UAH 49.5 million, Severinska SPP (837 kW/h) - UAH 22 million.

News of the week: The State Property Fund of Ukraine approved Tsentrenergo sales conditions

According to the report by the head of the State Property Fund of Ukraine published in Facebook, the Cabinet of Ministers determined the conditions for the sale of 78.3% of the shares of Tsentrenergo. The rest - 21.7% of the shares of the company are traded on the Ukrainian Stock Exchange. The starting price is UAH 5.98 billion. The Fund advisor is currently looking for buyers.

Technology of the week: TouchstoneCapitalGroup intends to build an offshore combined wind-solar power plant in Ukraine

This was reported by the British company at a meeting with representatives of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry. According to the management of the company, the advantage of this type of RES facilities is the availability of own balancing capacities to ensure a more regular schedule of electricity generation. You can find more information about the features and advantages of CHP fuel cell installations in the new issue of the “Energy Balance of Ukraine” analytical report.

Another interesting announcement about new technologies came from scientists from China and Japan. They first received perovskite solar panels that are cheaper than silicon ones.


Subscribe for Updates

Find Us in Social Media

Contact Us